As researchers continue to try and fight the battle against cancer, they continue to find more evidence to support the role that different foods play in the development of cancer. By incorporating these foods into your diet, you can help fight the risk of developing cancer.
1. Carrots are high in beta carotene, which is thought to help reduce many different types of cancer including mouth, throat, intestine, lung, stomach, bladder, prostate and breast. Also, the substance called falcarinol, which is found in carrots, has been found to reduce the risk of cancer.
2. Jalapenos contain the chemical, capsaicin, which may help fight certain cancer-causing substances and may help prevent stomach cancer. If you are a fan of spicy foods,then this is the perfect choice for you.
3. Garlic goes well with many different foods, and it also contains substances that appear to increase the activity of immune cells which fight cancer and help break down some cancer causing substances. Also, certain substances in garlic help slow down tumor development.
4. Citrus Fruits contain a substance called monoterpenes, which are thought to help prevent cancer by removing carcinogens out of the body. Citrus fruits taste great too, and they contain many other vital nutrients.
5. Nuts contain such antioxidants as quercetin and campferol, which are believed to supress the growth of cancers. There are many different type to choose from, but one of the most healthy is the Brazil nut.
6. Raspberries contain many vitamins and antioxidants that may help protect against cancer. Tests have shown that black raspberries may help fight colon cancer especially. Also, tumor growth may be slowed down or decreased.
7. Soy products such as tofu contain several types of estrogens that may help prevent both breast cancer and prostate cancer by suppressing or blocking cancerous changes. You can find many soy and tofu products in health stores nationwide.
8. Teassuch as either green or black tea contain certain antioxidants which seem to prevent the division of cancer cells. There are many different flavors of tea to try, and tea has been gaining popularity recently.
9. Tomatoes contain an antioxidant that attacks free radical oxygen molecules, which are thought to be a cause of cancer. Tomatoes go great on sandwiches and salads, and they have great health benefits.
10. Sweet potatoes, like carrots and some other foods, contain beta carotene, which is thought to reduce the risk of many different types of cancer. Sweet potatoes are also full of many other vitamins. There are many recipes for sweet potatoes, and they can be a great addition to your diet.
Tags:10 Cancer-Fighting Foods: Soy, Garlic, Carrots, Nuts and More